My Cart: 0 item(s)
Thumbnail Filmstrip of Model 277EC Engine Idle Limiter Images
How it WorksA countdown sequence is initiated when the parking brake (or other switch that is ground when engaged) is set OR command signal is received from "Park" position (switch closure to +). If the signal is removed before the time period expires the unit is reset and the engine is not shut down. The unit is connected to the Run, Fuel Pump, or Coil circuit on the engine or the ECM Stop input.
Emissions LawsEmissions laws are becoming more strict concerning engine idling. California, New Jersey, Florida, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and New York have passed legislation limiting the idle times of on-highway and off-highway commercial & industrial vehicles to no more than five minutes. Similar legislation is being implemented in other states. Install this low-cost Model 277EC Engine Idle Limiter and avoid fines - plus save wear & tear, unnecessary emissions & wasted fuel. This cost-effective engine idle limiter will bring you fleet into compliance with these regulations.
- ECE-Type approved devices can be installed and used on any vehicle in the 50+ ECE countries around the world with NO further tests and NO special permissions required if used for the intended purpose.
- Complies with Region 1 EPA Mandatory Idle Limit and conforms to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations 49.CFR.393
- Compatible with ECM and non-ECM controlled engines
- Size: 2.875" (7.5cm) square x 1" (3cm) tall
- Complies with CAT SEPD0967 Mobile Earthmoving Equipment Automatic Engine Shutoff Systems safety recommendations
- Available with Mild Weather Option
- Comes factory pre-set with 5 or 10 minute user adjustable delay
- Reduces RPM count by millions per year, extends engine life, stops fuel waste
- Gas or diesel engines, 12v or 24v, manual or automatic transmission
- Accessory shutdown to save battery
- 2 year warranty
- Complies with California Air Resource Board (CARB) idle time limiting regulation
- Inhibits shutdown during regeneration cycle
- Quantity discounts available
- View the fuel savings of a CAT 988 over 4 months before and after the installation of a Model 277EC
Mild Weather Option Kit
Part number: 57-A277-02
Notification and Override Kit
Part number: 57-A277-14 for 12 Volt Systems & 57-A277-15 for 24 Volt Systems
Part number 57-A277-12.
Part number 57-A277-10.
3 Minute Shutdown Version
Order Model 277EC-3.
Attention Fleet Owners: We're willing to have our Engine Idle Limiter prove how much you can save in your application. Contact the sales team and arrange for a demo unit.
Customers in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East please contact Sell Electronics GmbH