Call 800 403 3784 for pricing in the United States
The Engine Saver® Detects:
- Low and /or loss of coolant
- De-aeration baffle fatigue
- Broken/worn rings
- Hole in a piston
- Loss of oil
- Partially blocked oil or water pumps
- Fuel dilution
- Clogged breathers
- Worn pump impellers
- Worn bearings
- Governor failure
- Loose radiator cap
- Scored cylinder
Our Model 550 will monitor your engine throughout its full RPM range and alert the operator or shutdown the engine if any temperature or pressure deviates from normal settings based on actual operating conditions.
Proven effective protection where normal monitors fail and highly recommended for up rated or heavy use applications. Cummins supplies the Engine Saver with their new up rated K series – Cummins p/n 3627061.
Installation reduces warranty costs on engine rebuilds and saves money on high maintenance costs as well.
The Engine Saver® monitors a combination of pressure, temperature, and RPM on 8, 12 and 16 cylinder diesel engines. It detects early signs of trouble before damage occurs – long before an attentive operator could detect it on the gauges and without false alarms. Most common faults go undetected until they cause consequential damage or engine destruction.
Monitored Engine Operating Levels and Adjustments
|Parameter||Adjustment Range||Factory Setting|
|Turbo Enable||non-adjustable||8 psi|
|Rpm Enable||300-1800 rpm||500 rpm|
|Overspeed||1800-3000 rpm||2500 rpm|
|Crankcase Pressure||fixed 8", 10" or 15"||10"h2o|
|Idle Oil Pressure||5-15 psi modulated||12 psi|
|Run Oil Pressure||25-50 psi modulated||42 psi|
|Idle Coolant Pressure||0-9 psi modulated||3 psi|
|Run Coolant Pressure||5-30 psi modulated||15 psi|
|Temperature||65-140° C||100° C|
|Shutdown Delay||1-60 seconds||20 seconds|
Remote Mountable Selectable Light Bar Display
with audible alarm and 15' cable
Remote Mountable Selectable Digital Display
with audible and flashing alarm and 15' cable
Model 9550 Engine Saver Test Set
Simulates a running engine requiring only an unregulated air line and a battery
Ideal for locomotive and other 12 volt applications
- Built-in status panel (optional remote available) gives complete engine operating condition and fault location, even after shutdown.
- Auxiliary analog outputs for trend analysis and overhaul/maintenance forecasting via radio data link and/or on-board recording.
- SPDT heavy-duty output relay permits a wide choice of alarm/shutdown options including pre-shutdown warning.
- Trip points automatically lower when engine is idling or lugged down. All trip and enable points are fully adjustable. Enable time delay changes automatically with engine temperature.
- Unit will enable on Turbo Boost or RPM (or both) at installer's option. Choice of 3 RPM sources.
- All internal adjustments have status indicator and are marked for accurate and easy adjustment.
- Two custom optional inputs.
- Failsafe operation with flashing lights showing location
- Easy to install – complete manual supplied.
- Weather resistant and tamper proof; unit is lockable.
- 24V input - transient and reverse polarity protected, suppressors built-in to withstand nearby arc welding.
- Fully supported with spare parts, repair service and test equipment.