Model 360 G-MAN® Onan® RV Gen Set Service Tool
The G-MAN® is a portable piece of test equipment that will help generator service technicians drastically reduce troubleshooting time. It does this by pinpointing problems and eliminating time-consuming guesswork.
The RV gen set troubleshooting process is complicated by the fact that most modern RV controls prevent operation when there is a defect. While this is desirable for safety and protection of the equipment, it makes troubleshooting frustrating and difficult. Often, a technician is forced to become a "parts changer." This approach can run up the bill pretty fast and is not effective for certain kinds of defects.
What makes the G-MAN® unique is its ability to plug in to the generator's control system and become a part of it, instead of being a circuit board or component tester. This technique, called testing by exception, lets the G-MAN assume and emulate the functionality of the part of the system being evaluated, even if defects are present.
In addition to emulating the functionality of potentially failed components, the G-MAN provides access to 16 key points so that voltage and resistance measurements can be made safely and easily. The G-MAN can also test generator windings for continuity & grounds, something a meter alone cannot do.
The G-MAN® is housed in an attaché-style carrying case along with its test harnesses and operating instructions. It is backed by a 2-Year warranty. By means of interchangeable control board adapters, the G-MAN® can test over 35 of the most common Onan® RV Gen Set Models and their various spec levels.
Free Model 305 Test Unit provided with each G-MAN. Dealer/Service Shop prices shown below.
The "Basic" Package: $595
Includes adapters for 300-3056 & 300-3763 control boards. Test RV gen set models:
- Emerald BGE F-M
- BGEL E-M
- NHE D-G
- NHEL D-G
- Marquis BGM A
- NHM A
- Totalling 35 gen set models
The "Works" Package: $899
Includes the "Basic" package adapters and 7 additional adapters for 327-1413, 300-2784, 300-3056, 300-3763, 300-3764, 300-4155, 300-4320, 300-4901, 300-5299. Tests all models shown above plus:
- Emerald BGE A-E, N & up
- BGEL A-D, N & up
- NHE A-C
- Marquis BGM B-G
- NHM B-G
- Microlite KV C-F
- KY A-H
- Camp Power KVC-A, KVD-A, KYD-A
- Total of 82 gen set models
The "Ultimate" Package: $1,049
Includes the "Works" package plus 2 additional adapters. Tests all models shown above plus:
- Emerald Commercial BDG Spec J & up
- NHD Spec J & up
- Commercial-Mobile Gen Set HGJAB Spec A-D
- HGJAC Spec A-C
Additional adapters are also sold individually:
- Microlite KY Spec J (Gas & LP) & Camp Power KYD Spec A (Gas & LP) – 56-A360-1413 $78
- Emerald BGE Spec A-E, N & up; BGEL Spec A-D; NHE A-C, NHEL A-C – 56-A360-2784 $59
- Marquis BGM Spec B-G; NHM Spec B-G – 56-A360-3764 $67
- Microlite KY Spec A (Gas & LP) – 56-A360-4155 $45
- Microlite KY Spec B-H (Gas & LP) – 56-A360-4320 $42
- Emerald BGEL Spec N & up – 56-A360-4901 $61
- Microlite KV Spec C-F (Gas&LP); Camp Power KVC, KVD, KYD (Spec A) – 56-A360-5299 $52
If you service "Commercial" versions of Onan gen sets, we have these adapaters available:
- 56-A360-5374 commercial/mobile Gen Set HGJAB, HGJAC Spec A: $98
- 56-A360-5002 Emerald Commercial BGD Spec J & up; NHD Spec J& up $205
Also available is the Universal "Pigtail" Adapter – test older generators without plug-in control boards. It allows you to power the G-MAN® and connect to each control circuit as needed for on-vehicle testing of gen sets or bench testing of stators, rotors & components using the on-board megger.